Friday, June 19, 2009

A Smart and Effective Communication


You can implement this in your professional life for sure. This is an example of Effective Communication


Jerry and Mac are walking from a religious service. Jerry wonders whether it would be all right to smoke while praying.

Mac replies, "Why don't you ask the Priest?"

So Jerry goes up to the Priest and asks, "Priest, may I smoke while I pray?"

But the Priest says, "No, my son, you may not. That's utter disrespect to our religion."

Jerry goes back to his friend and tells him what the good Priest told him. Mac says, "I'm not surprised. You asked the wrong question. Let me try."

And so Mac goes up to the Priest and asks, "Priest, may I pray while I smoke?"

To which the Priest eagerly replies, "By all means, my son. By all means."

Moral: The reply you get depends on the question you ask.

For Example: Can I work on this project while I'm on vacation?

No comments:

Post a Comment